Milestone & Achievements
1915: Forefathers of Haji Rafiq Pardesi established family business in Kutyana, Gujrat – British India
1956: Haji Abdul Rahim Giga (father of Haji Rafiq Pardesi) established textile business in Dubai, UAE
1982: Haji Rafiq Pardesi stepped into his family business with new vision and strategically focused on both trade and regional diversification.
1994: The group ventured into Gold bullion market by establishing Mazyood Jewellery LLC in Dubai, UAE. The company was later transformed into Mazyood Jewellery DMCC.
2000: Established a textile mill, Namera Group of Industries (T) Limited, at Gongo la Mboto, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, with spinning, weaving and printing facility.
2002: Cotton ginning facility was added within the group by establishing Diamond Ginning & Oil Mill (T) Limited was at Kahama, Tanzania.
2002: The business in Tanzania further expanded with trade in textile and made ups by establishing Nida Textile Mills (T) Limited.
2003: Established joint venture with Al Ghurair Group of UAE and setup a gold refinery in UAE with annual production capacity of 100 metric tons. The 50% share in refinery was sold to Al Ghurair Group.
2004: The group ventured in real estate development business and launched its first project as Goldcrest Views in Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, UAE.
2004: The joint venture with Al Ghurair Group successfully established two multimillion dollar real estate development projects in Pakistan. Due to restructuring in family business HMR Group has transferred out its share within family in 2015.
2004: Established joint venture with ETA Start Group of UAE that undertook multimillion dollar projects in Dubai and Ajman under the umbrella of Star Giga Establishment. Later HMR Group become 100% of the Star Giga Establishment.
2004: Established joint venture with Emaar Group of UAE to undertake real estate project in Pakistan. The joint venture launched world class Canyon View villa project on 386 acres in Islamabad and Crescent Bay high rise residential & commercial tower project on 108 acres land reclaimed from the sea in Karachi. In 2014 the JV partners reached an understanding to terminate the JV resultantly HMR group would undertake independent project on 36.2 acres of reclaimed land in Karachi.
2006: Construction business was started and established through Sky Construction LLC in UAE and Bridgestone Construction Company in Pakistan. Both companies successfully completed the construction projects, however, these companies over the period become inactive due focus on real estate development.
2007: Started real estate project in Lahore with collaboration of DHA Lahore, Pakistan.
2012: The group took the management control of real estate projects under joint venture with Emaar Group and successfully revives both the projects in Islamabad and Karachi.
2015: Haji Rafiq facilitate restructuring of his family business and accepted new challenges by introducing HMR Group under his exclusive captaincy.
2017: The group initiated another state of the art real estate project of mid-rise residential and commercial towers in Islamabad.
2017: The group honored its commitment by delivering Goldcrest Dream Tower A in Ajman despite depressed real estate market due to continued effects of global crises in 2007.
- President of Tanzania appreciated for contribution to the Tanzanian economy by our textile business.
- The textile trading division in Pakistan won Award of Largest Exporter to Non Quota Countries for 17 consecutive years.
- Union Bank of Switzerland Warburg awarded the Gold Shield and title of The Most Active Client of Year 2000 for activity in gold bullion trading.
- Goldcrest Views was the first ever tower completed in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai UAE.
- The Group company was member of London Bullion Market Association (LBMA)
- Goldcrest Veiws in Jumeirah Lake Tower won The Best Developer Award for design and quality by Citiscap.
- Introduced Emaar and Al Ghurair groups of UAE to Pakistani market which has changed the concept real estate development in Pakistan.
- Established successful joint ventures with Defense Housing Authorities of Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad in Pakistan.
- Gold Refinery under joint venture with Al Ghurair Group in UAE become the first refinery to start operation at Dubai Multi Commodity Centre.
- HMR Group companies won FPCCI Brand of the year 2017 award in real estate category.
- Chairman Haji Muhammad Rafiq awarded “Who is Who Professional Award (Pakistan Chapter)” in the Luxury Real Estate Development category.
- Nazaria e Pakistan council also awarded Gold Medal to Chairman Haji Muhammad Rafiq in 2017.
- Haji Muhammad Rafiq has also honor to become the first ever civilian honorary member of The Alamgirians Association, Military College, Jhelum Pakistan.
- Haji Muhammad Rafiq is the founding member of Swiss Business Council UAE.